Many Voices. One Vision.
The Big Table is a day of regional community building through conversations designed to strengthen and connect communities. Through open, thoughtful conversations that focus on how we can strengthen our region, we will spark new relationships and new ways for working together by deepening our understanding of each other and what our region needs.
WHEN: October 15, 2019
WHERE: Peoria Civic Center
- 8:30 – 10:00am: Workforce Development & Education
- 10:15 – 11:45am: Quality of Life & Place
- 11:45 – 1:00pm: Lunch (on your own)
- 1:15 – 2:45pm: Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- 3:00 – 4:30pm: Diversity & Inclusion
- 4:30 – 6:30pm: Community Vision – Free Appetizers and Cash Bar
- Promote Positivity & Community Input
- Regional Vision for the Future
- Regional Data for Everyone
Many tables, 8-12 seats at each table.
Each session will be 1.5 hours in length.
This event is free to attend. Registration is required.
Each session will consist of 4 main parts:
- Panel of facilitators present a high-level overview of the topic (10-15 minutes)
- Table discussion covering a set of questions. Notes will be taken at each table (30-40 minutes)
- Tables present the notes from their discussion (30 minutes)
- Quick recap and adjournment (5 minutes)
Be a Table Facilitator
Serving as a table facilitator is a great way to get involved. Facilitators will help guide each table and keep them on task.
Join the Conversation
Sign up for any and all sessions that you are passionate about. Bring your ideas. Be bold. Be a good listener.
- Who should attend?
ANYONE that wants to be part of the conversation and voice opinions about our Region. EVERYONE is invited to the Community Vision portion at the end of the day!
- How many sessions can I attend?
You can elect which session(s) you would like to attend or stay for the full day if you like.
- Who will be sitting at my table?
Participants will be randomly assigned to a table. This will be an opportunity to connect and converse with people in the community that you might not normally get the chance to interact with.
- What should I wear?
Dress casual and comfortable.
- Where should I park?
The Peoria Civic Center offers paid parking for $7. On-street parking is also available throughout downtown Peoria.
- What’s for lunch?
Lunch will not be provided, but concessions will be available for purchase. We encourage you to dine at one of the many local establishments within a short drive or walk from the event.
The conversation will live on beyond this day. Armed with the outcomes, challenges, and ideas raised at this event, it is up to all of us to continue the discussion in our community.